Thread: Glow Plug Removal Tool

Glow Plug Removal Tool

Well,

I hope this is the right place to post this.

I'm looking for a "Glow Plug Removal Tool" if anyone happens to have one sitting around that I could either borrow or if they are willing to part with it I'd be happen to buy it off you. The #4 and #6 Glow Plug on my 2008 Overland were sheered off by the previous owner and so I'm looking to replace them without (Hopefully) doing any damage to the head which would require a ton of extra work...

Anyway, if you happen to have one and are in Alberta please drop me a line.

If I have posted this int he wrong spot, Admin(s) please move it to where ever it should be...

And thank you...

Scratch

N.A.S.A. Jeep Launch Commander Toy Jeep's Avatar
    Sorry no glow plug tool. Have you tried Part Source or Canadian Tire they have a lend a tool program. As for buying one you could try Greeg Distributors they have a surprising selection of tools but you do have to wait for them to bring it in sometimes, There is always the tool trucks that you see roaming around but again you will have to wait for them to bring it in and it will cost you your first born child.
    Not all who wander are lost
    VE6DKS

Hey Toy Jeep,

Well, I've spent the past two weeks searching for one of these units, seems I would have more luck finding a set of Hens Teeth to be totally honest. I did however stumble across "Prestige Auto" over on Parsons Road in Edmonton (Not to far from my house as it happens) Seems they are the best people to do work on the Mercedes engine.
    Every other garage / Shop / Personal Contact I talked to were like "Nope we will not touch that" Prestige on the other have doen this before, have the right tools for the job and as they work exclusivly on Mercedes engines and only Mercedes engines I'm thinking I'm going to bring it to them and have the work done by professionals rather than hack at it int he Garage myself....

Scratch

N.A.S.A. Jeep Launch Commander Toy Jeep's Avatar
    That sounds like a safe bet I was looking on line and the tool kits are readily available for around $100 to $150 but the idea of drilling it out dose not look like something I would want to try. I looks like in the UK there are people that make there living going from shop to shop taking care of this problem for shops that don't want to do the job themselves.
    Not all who wander are lost
    VE6DKS

Yeah,

The cheap knock-off ones are around $100-ish, more (Shall we say reputable sources) are int he $300 range or so. So I figure in the long run it's worth it to have the shop do the work, as they have done it before, successfully on numerous occasions so yeah, better to spend the cash and have it done right I'd say.

Still have some other minor issues to deal with, lower grill needed, and something is rattling int he Drivers door that is annoying but mechanically the truck is solid and should last me a good 10 years if I say on top of the regular maintenance.

I won't touch them anymore. Nothing but bad times every time I get involved. Mostly with the electronic's.
    I have a 1999 Ranger consisting of mostly Ford parts ranging from 1979 to 2005.