Thread: Relearning Ham?

Relearning Ham?

Just throwing this out there.

Any interest in those who have our Ham tickets getting together and going over the untaught basics? Ie: how to actually use the radios we have to their full potential.

I did the course a few years back, got my ticket and a small handheld radio and used it on a few trail runs, but other than talking to someone on the trail, who I met up in a parking lot that morning to set a frequency I really have no idea how to properly use my radio.

I think this topic was thrown about a few years back but not sure how it turned out.

N.A.S.A. Jeep Launch Commander Toy Jeep's Avatar
    I would like to help you but I'm in Red Deer now. I would recommend you get on the VE6NHB repeater 145.410 -600 the people on this repeater are a friendly bunch and most of them are very welcoming to new hams. There is a bit of a morning drive group around 7am. To get into a conversation just putout your call-sign when there is a break or if there is no trafic just putout your call-sign and add monitoring at the end. look for a guy named Bart VE6VB he is a very welcoming guy there is also Patrik VE6PY he is also a very helpful person.
    Not all who wander are lost
    VE6DKS