Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New build

New build

I found this little prize before it got junked. Ladies husband had expired and she wanted it out of the yard. Have already had the Block Shop do the machining and provide all rebuilding parts for the 360. My buddy and I will soon assemble the motor and the I will start on the chassis. Have a ton of replacement panels from the states and have a good Esab mig welder. Should be interesting providing I don't get divorced.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Splinter; 11-15-2019 at 06:53 PM.

N.A.S.A. Jeep Launch Commander Toy Jeep's Avatar
    That is quite the project. It looks like it should keep you busy for the summer.
    Not all who wander are lost
    VE6DKS

Very nice. So sad when someone passes like that, but I'm sure he's up there somewhere glad it went to a new home. Looks like you'll be able to finish what he started.

Steve
    2015 JK Sahara 'Pavement Princess'

2005 TJ Rubicon (sold)

My Build Thread

VA6STV

A friend of mine went with the mufflers in that location once - he doesn't hear too well now. Perhaps you may reconsider LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Repete View Post
    A friend of mine went with the mufflers in that location once - he doesn't hear too well now. Perhaps you may reconsider LOL.
    Had them there in my 64' fury, sounds great but your but gets hot real quick, and you get dizzy waiting at long lights.

But all kidding aside, looks like you have a nice project ahead of you. Welcome to the forums, nice to see more CJ's around.
    Mike

52 Willys/Ford M38 CDN
    70 CT90 K2
    71 BSA A65 Thunderbolt

Here is my present re-build. It has a 360 with a 270 Comp cam. My wife hates it so it will be on the block in the Fall. It is loud however I can get the same style Magna Flow mufflers that are at least 6 inches longer. That way I won't be setting off car alarms when I cruise by. lol

My son and I starting our joint build. The block was machined by the Block Shop 30 over. Milder but still performance cam this time. I wanted this Jeep to be lower than my first one that has a SOA. With the new springs, it will be higher.

[IMG][/IMG]

N.A.S.A. Jeep Launch Commander Toy Jeep's Avatar
    Looking good. If I remember correctly there is a mod for the oiling system to help the motor last longer has that been done?
    Not all who wander are lost
    VE6DKS

Quote Originally Posted by Toy Jeep View Post
    Looking good. If I remember correctly there is a mod for the oiling system to help the motor last longer has that been done?
    Yes I have seen that mod Toy Jeep. I have read that if you are not racing it, the mod is not necessary. Maybe I should do it in any case.

The wheels are in good shape. Original Jeep Wheels I hope. The tires are 30 x 10.5. I hope to replace them with 33 X 12.5.

[IMG][/IMG]

I think the frame is quite good. We will see after the sand blasting is done.

[IMG][/IMG]

Loos like a T-5 to me. We will see how it holds up behind the 360.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Splinter; 11-02-2015 at 09:31 AM. Reason: add info