Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: 1952 Willys M38 build

Thanks for that. I reached out to them today via email. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    1985 CJ-7 Custom (Flat fendered CJ,YJ,XJ,TJ...)
    Picked n Parted 1987 YJ
    Sold 1998 XJ
    RIP 1981 CJ-7 Limited Edition Laredo

Quote Originally Posted by DamnCj View Post
    Thanks for that. I reached out to them today via email. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    I went with Willys Acres because they had the correct inspection stamp for the Canadian military circa 1952, I found other places that sell the data plates but none had the correct stamp. if Willys acres doesn't have what you need try

https://dataplates4u.com/

https://www.vintagejeepparts.com/cat...s-%26-Emblems/

Thanks for the kind words on my Willys, I have been following your build with envy as yours is more streetable than mine, 70 year old Willys are cool but not built for 6'3" guys, nor for any form of comfort.

Maybe we swap keys for a week and see what the grass is like on the other side of the fence....
    Did 110km home in a side wind today. Streetable yes. Still terrifying for passengers and I'm pretty sure other drivers were reporting a DUI ripping down the road.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Picked n Parted 1987 YJ
    Sold 1998 XJ

Quote Originally Posted by DamnCj View Post
    Maybe we swap keys for a week and see what the grass is like on the other side of the fence....
    Did 110km home in a side wind today. Streetable yes. Still terrifying for passengers and I'm pretty sure other drivers were reporting a DUI ripping down the road.

110km shear luxury! �� we should switch keys and see how the other side lives.
    Try no a/c, heat, defrost vents. Solid seats mounted on top of the gas tank. Bias ply tires, no synchro in first or reverse, and a 30L gas tank that gets 40L per 100KM.

The gauntlet has been tossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    I went with Willys Acres because they had the correct inspection stamp for the Canadian military circa 1952, I found other places that sell the data plates but none had the correct stamp. if Willys acres doesn't have what you need try

https://dataplates4u.com/

https://www.vintagejeepparts.com/cat...s-%26-Emblems/

Thanks for the kind words on my Willys, I have been following your build with envy as yours is more streetable than mine, 70 year old Willys are cool but not built for 6'3" guys, nor for any form of comfort.
    I have used Willys Acres many times and they're very easy to deal with. I have also used Kaiserwillys.com . Quick and reasonably priced.
    I have a 1999 Ranger consisting of mostly Ford parts ranging from 1979 to 2005.

For a week....anytime. I would love it!
    Seriously!
    Anytime. Say the word.

Picked n Parted 1987 YJ
    Sold 1998 XJ

Well the Willys is finished, sadly I have no way of posting the final pictures but you must take my word for it that she is a marvellous machine.

The last few tasks were building some fender extensions for the rear wheels, which look awesome. I went with steel round fenders and made them removable. I built a new exhaust system from the headers back, re-routing the hot pipes away from the flammable parts underneath and using header wrap and ceramic coating to cut down the heat and noise. A glass pack exhaust tip tops of the exhaust and sounds fantastic.

I don’t have any plans for the Willys, she is not a daily driver as my commute is 60km one way, and I sold my trailer a few years ago so off road trips are unlikely, she will probably sit in the garage and be driven around locally. She may even go up for sale but I would get a fraction of what she is worth. Maybe in the spring.

Well the Willys is finished, sadly I have no way of posting the final pictures but you must take my word for it that she is a marvellous machine.

The last few tasks were building some fender extensions for the rear wheels, which look awesome. I went with steel round fenders and made them removable. I built a new exhaust system from the headers back, re-routing the hot pipes away from the flammable parts underneath and using header wrap and ceramic coating to cut down the heat and noise. A glass pack exhaust tip tops of the exhaust and sounds fantastic.

I donít have any plans for the Willys, she is not a daily driver as my commute is 60km one way, and I sold my trailer a few years ago so off road trips are unlikely, she will probably sit in the garage and be driven around locally. She may even go up for sale but I would get a fraction of what she is worth. Maybe in the spring.
    Mike, I seem to recall a deal we made when I sold you the flattie that I would get a ride in it, and had first dibs if you ever sold it (don't tell my wife LOL)

I donít have any plans for the Willys, she is not a daily driver as my commute is 60km one way, and I sold my trailer a few years ago so off road trips are unlikely, she will probably sit in the garage and be driven around locally. She may even go up for sale but I would get a fraction of what she is worth. Maybe in the spring.
    Were swapping keys for a week first before you sell it........right?!!

Picked n Parted 1987 YJ
    Sold 1998 XJ

Quote Originally Posted by Repete View Post
    Mike, I seem to recall a deal we made when I sold you the flattie that I would get a ride in it, and had first dibs if you ever sold it (don't tell my wife LOL)
    I had not forgotten . I probably wont put it up for sale anytime soon, i'm only a 20 minute drive to TORE and still want to wheel it, I don't have my trailer or tow rig anymore but I should be able to get to TORE and Back
    And my wife pointed out that im not actually finished as I left part of the dash blue, cant have that, so i'll have to fix that. And my next project would fit nicely on the rear bumper of the Willys.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hond...ad-t12762.html

I also have not forgotten I still have your sand blast cabinet